Dried Organic Calendula & Comfrey
Infuse your own herbs at home to make herbal oil! This is an exclusive item and will not be habitually available.
Approximately .5 ounces of dried organic Calendula flowers and Comfrey leaves. Does not include oil, jar, etc.
1. Put herbs in a 16 ounce glass jar.
2. Pour in approximately 10-12 ounces of carrier oil of choice. Oil should fully cover the dried herbs in your container.
3. Secure lid and mark with start date and expiration date of carrier oil used.
4. Allow to soak for 3-6 weeks. Some choose to set jar in a window sill to sun soak, while others prefer to store in a cabinet. Gently “shake” contents daily.
5. Once it’s ready, line a bowl with a muslin cloth/cheesecloth (you can put a strainer under the cloth as well), pour the contents of the jar into the cloth and let the oil seep through. Squeeze the bottom of the cloth, trying to get out as much oil as you can.
6. Pour oil in to a glass container. We prefer an amber dropper bottle, but a jar or other glass bottle is great too.
Recommended stable carrier oils: organic & cold pressed olive oil, safflower, sunflower or palm kernel. Also grapeseed and almond oil are popular choices.
Use your oil to make soap, salves, body oils, body butters or as a base for essential oil blends!
Benefits of Calendula:
Calendula has a rich yellow and orange color, and contains flavonoids and linoleic acid which both help fight inflammation. Calendula is great for scrapes, burns, bruises, insect bites, minor skin infections and more thanks to its ability to stimulate tissue and collagen production and having antiseptic and anti-fungal properties.
Benefits of Comfrey:
Comfrey is a great source of allantoin, a natural compound known for its moisturizing and softening abilities. Allantoin has soothing, firming and tightening properties. Comfrey’s also has high tannin content which is anti-inflammatory and astringent.
+ Please note all sales are final. Please visit our Policies and FAQs for more information. All information contained on this web site, including information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only.